Working times 9.00am- 5.00pm, Monday - Friday, occasionally 10.30am - 6.30pm or 8.00am – 4.00pm and one Saturday per month.
Salary above national minimum based on experience and qualifications.
Full clean driving license & NVQ Level 2 or above is essential.
The successful candidate should have at least one year experience working with vulnerable adults with learning disability, autism or challenging behaviour. Good Makaton skills would be an advantage.
Outgoing, energetic and creative personality would be beneficial.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To provide a range of personal, social, emotional and practicable support tasks as required for the well being of service users at the Day Centre & in the community.
- To work towards an assessed and planned package of support programme, enabling service users to exercise control over their own lives by maximising their independence.
- To facilitate allocated tasks and work as part of a team to ensure service users are supported in line with their plan of care.
- To have individual responsibility, under supervision, for the personal and social care needs of the service users.
- Observe each service users changing needs and report to the Manager.
- Provide personal care in a sensitive and culturally appropriate manner for all service users.
- Social duties include shopping; talking with service users, helping to maintain contact with family, friends and the local community, escort duties.
- To develop & plan activities with service users, and encouraging service users to engage with the daily activities.
- To pick up & drop off service users in company vehicles.
- With support to ensure risk assessments are completed as needed and followed in line with organisational policies
To apply for this position please download and complete the application form and send to email@example.com or by post to 48 Lincoln Road, Olton, Birmingham, B27 6PA